Sunday, March 04, 2007

3D Exterior Scene

Small House Right now, in 3D Modeling, we're working on creating an exterior environment. Our assignment was to create a town with at least 5 different buildings. I have made 4 houses, Post Office, Church, 6 businesses, a Bank, and still need to make a school. I also will have a cemetery. Then we need to create the terrain and roads, etc and animate it. I'll show you a few of my creations today. I don't have them in any kind of environment..just a black hole. So there is no special lighting or anything. But in a few weeks, I'll post the animation.


Small HouseThese first two pictures are of my small house. The textures were created in Photoshop (windows, garage door, siding), but the stone and roof textures were ones that we have in a stock of pictures. So they are not original. I won't go into details as to how it was mapped, but I really like the way these houses turned out. I spent a lot of time on them, and I think it paid off. I especially am proud of the curtains and lamp in the first picture. My thoughts with the interior of the house (although we don't make the interiors) was that it was split-level. So if one were to walk in the house, they'd immediately choose to go up one flight or down one flight.


Big HouseThis is another house I've made. I called it the big house. It's called that because originally, the square footage of this house was quite larger than the small house. However, once I started making the small house, it pretty much became the same size as this one. This house is decent. It will be better when I add shrubbery along the perimeter. It was the second building I modeled, and so figuring that into the equation, I'm still pretty proud of it.


St. Thomas Church This church is called St. Thomas Catholic Church. It was the first building I made, and I think it's pretty obvious of that. I made it before we were actually taught how to. Considering that, it isn't that bad. But because it just isn't at the same level as the others, it will probably be re-modeled and re-mapped as long as I have the time after creating the terrain and such. The cemetery will be next to this church and will have a gate along its perimeter. I'll have a sign in front of the church as well, I just haven't gotten around to making it yet.


Hair, Inc.Rausch TV Shop I made 6 businesses, pretty much using the same model but using new textures and maps for each one. I have made Hair, Inc., Rausch TV Shop, Our Town Cafe, Hardware 4 U, Family Bakery, and Pharmacy. They all have a different brick pattern. I plan to put items in the windows for most of them (such as TVs in the TV Shop, or tables/chairs in the cafe). These I made fairly simple, since my houses were pretty complex.


BankTree w/Ribbon I made this 1st State bank based off of the building I work in, with some creative liberty. You might have noticed some of the signs and ribbons on my buildings. My storyline is going to be somewhat patriotic-themed...basically when the animation starts, it will be right after a Welcome Home parade for local service men and women. I'm hoping to have some confetti remainders, although I think that rendering just one frame of confetti takes over a minute. So we'll have to see. I might need to use the lab as a rendering farm for this animation.


Anyway, that was your sneak peak.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger J. Blessinger said...

Where is Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe, attorneys-at-law?

And every town has a bridge or overpass under which all manner of illicit activity might take place.

A water treatment lagoon or feedlot might add important controversy to property values of your fancy-schmancy homes . . .

he he

 

Post a Comment

<< Home